Support Comes in Many Forms. It is all appreciated.
Thank you to Broombuster Volunteers!
In 2016, we documented 486 volunteers cut broom for 3365 hours in communities from the District of Highlands near Victoria to Campbell River. We know that there were many more. Thank you to all who cut broom!
Thanks always to the Gaming Board
“We acknowledge the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia.” Thank you Gaming Board!
Thanks to BC Ministry of Transportation
(MOTI) supporting us since 2006
Thank you to the MEDIA:
Parksville Qualicum Beach News – Beach Radio 88.5 FM and Lounge Radio – 99.5 FM in Oceanside – CHLY 101.7 in Nanaimo – Chek TV & CTV & Shaw Cable TV -Eyes on BC – The Cowichan Valley Voice – Comox Valley Record and Comox Valley Echo – Nanaimo Daily News & Nanaimo News Bulletin – Alberni Valley News & Alberni Valley Time
Thanks to the helpful service clubs of BC communities, especially:
Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach Sunrise, Rotary Club in Campbell River, Kiwanis Club in Duncan.
The following municipalities
have given their support and we are grateful: Qualicum Beach, Parksville, Courtenay, Cumberland, ComoxNanaimo, Lantzville, Campbell River, Port Alberni, Ladysmith, the Municipality of North Cowichan.
Special thanks to:
Qualicum Beach where Broombusters began in 2006. Parksville which will celebrate its 10th anniversary this year.
Thank you to generous individual donors
– The generous donation of a resident of the Comox Valley supports all the broom chipping in the Comox Valley.
– Branching Out Tree Service in Oceanside and Weechipcowichan in Cowichan donate many hours to chipping broom cut by volunteers.
– Highway 4 Rentals and Express Trailors in Errington donated a weedwhacker and tools.
Many Other Environmental Groups Help us every year
We appreciate all that they do. Here are a few:
– Coastal Invasive Species Committee, www.coastalisc.com
– Parksville Qualicum Beach Aeroclub
– Friends of French Creek, www.ffccs.ca
– Pacific Streamkeepers Federation, www.pskf.ca
– Arrowsmith Naturalists, arrowsmithnats.org
– Wwoofer Volunteers from Around the World:, www.wwoof.ca
Thank you Richard Boyce for making our videos. www.richardboyce.com.
MANY thanks to George Harm of Errington, BC